1. GET ALTERNATIVE SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR CHILD: Download this fact sheet for more information and videos about alternatives here.
2. REPORT ADVERSE PSYCHOTROPIC DRUG REACTIONS: If your child or anyone in your family has had or is having adverse reactions to psychotropic drugs, ensure this is reported to your national drug regulatory agency. In the US, go directly to www.fda.gov/medwatch or the CCHR Report Adverse Reactions form. Similar reporting systems exist in other countries.
3. FILL OUT AND SUBMIT THE PARENT’S EXEMPTION FORM: Encourage schools to prohibit mental health screening and psychotropic drug use on your child by filling out the Parent’s Exemption Form and filing copies with an attorney and the school superintendent. That effectively puts the school on notice to respect your child’s right to be exempt from psychiatric programs. Click here to download this form.
4. DISTRIBUTE THE DOCUMENTARY: Distribute Dead Wrong: How Psychiatric Drugs Can Kill Your Child to other parents, teachers, child advocacy groups, or any other organizations that are concerned with children’s welfare and future. Do showings of the DVD at meetings to educate these groups about the risks of psychotropic drugging and mental health screening of children. Order more copies here.
5. SUPPORT LEGISLATION: Support legislation that outlaws child psychological or psychiatric screening and drugging in your area, by contacting your legislator and getting him/her to take action. Click here for a sample of Child Drugging Protection Laws and Model Regulations you could provide legislators and policy makers. There are laws that have been passed in some states in the United States and some other countries. To see what your rights are so that you can ensure they get enforced, click here.
6. SIGN PETITION (FOR U.S. VISITORS): US Congressman Ron Paul has filed the Parental Consent Act which prohibits federal funds being used to establish or implement any mandatory or universal mental health/psychiatric screening of schoolchildren. It also establishes a parent’s right to refuse mental health screening of their child. To sign the Petition in support of the Congressman Ron Paul Parental Consent Act, click here.
7. FILE ABUSE FORMS: If your child or someone you know has been abused by a psychiatrist or mental health practitioner, click here. CCHR will document the abuse so that you can follow up by filing complaints with the proper regulatory agency in your area.
8. GET THE TRUTH ABOUT PSYCHIATRIC DRUG SIDE EFFECTS: CCHR’s psychiatric drug search engine provides you with full information on drug regulatory warnings and studies about the adverse effects of psychiatric drugs.